Monday, December 14, 2009

College

You know a lot of people say that college is a time when young men and women expand the way that they look at their world when they open their mind to new ideas and experiences and when they begin that long journey form the innocence of Youth, to the responsibilities of Adulthood... now isn't that a load of horse shit!

No one could have said it better than Lewis Black. With most of our first semesters at college now over or almost over, I think this is a good time to reflect on the events that have transpired. Most of us shipped off somewhere to begin our grand adventure. Some were absolutely thrilled to be leaving. Some not so much. But I don't think anyone really knew what to expect.

As for me. While I was bummed most of my friends would be leaving, I tried to look on the bright side as much as I could. I'd be at home, in my awesome man cave, still would have my drumset around, and mom's cookin is surely better then any school food (though I must say, the food at Northampton is spectacular). All my professors were ok, except my fucking marketing one. What a cunt. But other than her I never minded going to class.

As the semester progressed I made some new friends but really missed that ones that I had. It made dragging my ass out of bed and going to class every day a real bummer. I pressed on though, managing an A in all but one class. That fucking marketing teacher hated me I'm sure of it. But still I missed everyone who was around a lot and tried to talk them into oblivion. I'm amazed they all still talk to me.

Over Halloween I went to Penn State to visit Abigail and Brian. Which turned out to be the highlight of my semester and didn't even take place around here. I had a great time, and won't lie. I thought about killing Brian's roommate and never leaving. But alas I had to much to my discontent.

I got home and it seems like I left there just a week ago and already the semester is over. Boy it could not come soon enough. I need a vacation. Hopefully this time next year I'll be in York with two of my best friends. Until then I'll grind it out here and miss everyone terribly.


J Swavely

No comments:

Post a Comment